Senior Year - Class of 2024
Congratulations to our parents, guardians, and the Class of 2024 on reaching your final year at OLP!
Over the next few months, you will have the opportunity to celebrate a number of exciting traditions and experiences that will allow you, your family, and your friends, to savor each of these important milestones. Below you will find these dates and reminders. Should you have questions, be sure to reach out to our Assistant Principal and Director of Campus Life, Mrs. Jamie Flannery.
We invite you to honor your OLP Senior Pilot with a Senior Tribute Ad in our 2023 - 2024 OLP Yearbook. A yearbook ad is a loving tribute to your daughter, personalized with your own sentimental message and cherished photos. This is a beautiful way to acknowledge your daughter’s achievements and make her Senior yearbook even more special. The process is quick, easy, and it will last forever! For examples of Senior Tribute ads, please see any of your daughter’s previous OLP yearbooks. For more information about pricing please see this
To purchase a Senior Tribute Ad for your daughter, please visit our yearbook website at yearbookforever.com and select “Academy of Our Lady of Peace” in the dropdown menu. Please note that all purchases include a 3.5% service fee charged by the website. The ads will be placed in the yearbook in the order they are received. All submitted materials will be organized by the OLP Yearbook Staff. The deadline to submit materials for a Senior Tribute Ad is Friday, January 19, 2024.
We truly appreciate your partnership in submitting materials no later than Friday, January 19, 2024, as our Yearbook Staff must meet specific deadlines.
Should you need assistance with submitting your materials, please contact customer support. For questions specific to the OLP 2023-2024 yearbook, please contact Yearbook Advisor Ryan Kennedy at [email protected].
|Full Page$350 + 3.5% Service Fee||Half Page $250 + 3.5% Service Fee||Quarter Page$175 + 3.5% Service Fee|
|Photos: 12 maximum Message: 1200 characters*||Photos: 8 maximum Message: 600 characters*||Photos: 4 maximum Message: 600 characters*|
*Important Notes: Headlines of tributes will now only be the first and last name of your student. Messages to students will be in the body of the tribute.
While the website allows for you to add more characters than our setup can accommodate, we ask that you please adhere to the max number of characters listed here. We will not be able to add more than the maximum listed here.
No previously created tributes will be permitted.
Class of 2024 Senior Events
- Summer 2023: Senior Pictures with Robyn Scherer
- September 16: Senior Parent Brunch (Saturday)
- September 28: Take your Father/Father Figure to Lunch 11:15 am - 1 pm
- September 29: OLP Homecoming Rally at 10:50 am
- September 30: Homecoming Dance (Saturday Night at OLP)
- October 11: NO SCHOOL for SENIORS (9-11 Testing Day)
- October 19: Saints Homecoming Rally - Seniors Attend (1:15 pm)
- October 21: Saints Homecoming Dance
- November 17: Grandparents Day Mass
- December 2: Mother Daughter Retreat
- January 12: Senior Yearbook Ads DUE
- January 30: Catholic Schools Week Prayer Service (8:15 am)
- February 1: Miss OLP Assembly at OLP (11:15 am)
- February 3: Miss OLP Dance (Saturday evening)
- February 24: Spring Sing at the Civic Theater (Saturday evening)
- March 8: 10th Anniversary OLP Women's Symposium
- March 19: St. Joseph's Day Mass & Jewel Jubilee (11 am)
- April 19: OLP & Saints Senior Mass at Saints (12 pm)
- April 26: Community Day & Mass on the Grass
- April 29-May 3 Senior Celebration Week!
- Tuesday, April 30: Senior Special Luncheon at G Block & Lunch
- Thursday, May 2: Senior Chalk Day at G Block
- Friday, May 3: Senior Farewell Assembly (11:30 am)
- Saturday, May 4: OLP/Saints Senior Prom (Saturday evening)
- Grad Night to Disneyland....Date To Be Announced!
- May 6 - May 16 AP Exams
- May 7: Academic Assembly & Volunteer Recognition (**Special Time, 9:35 am)
- May 8: Evening of Excellence (5 pm)
- May 9: Scholarship Recognition Luncheon (12:20 pm)
- May 20 and May 21: Mandatory Graduation Rehearsal at 1:00 pm
- May 23: Class of 2024 Baccalaureate Mass and Commencement Ceremony at 4:00 pm
Important Reminders for Baccalaureate Mass and Graduation on May 23, 2024 starting at 4:00 pm for the Class of 2024 on North Terrace at OLP. Graduation ceremonies will immediately follow Baccalaureate Mass. The entire ceremony will last approximately 2 hours.
Graduates can expect to receive 6 tickets for their family members for Baccalaureate and Graduation.
- Graduate attire is expected to be white or off-white under their graduation robe. Be sure to steam/iron the graduation robe prior to wearing as it will be wrinkled.
- Dress shoes should be white, off white, or nude in color. Remember to wear shoes that will support how much walking will be required throughout the event on Thursday.
- The Graduate Cap may be decorated to celebrate something unique about you and your OLP journey. Please make sure decorations are flat on the cap and are in alignment with our mission as a Catholic, CSJ school.
- Over the Graduation Gown, only school-sponsored honor cords, medals, stoles, and a lei from OLP are allowed. OLP will provide each graduate a blue and white orchid lei on graduation day.
GRADUATES DAY-OF GRADUATION PROTOCOLS AND REMINDERS
- Graduates should arrive dressed in regalia no later than 2:45 pm and enter through the double green doors near the student library. (Graduates only through this entrance)
- Elementary School Group Photos will be taken on upper plaza from 3:00pm-3:30pm. Graduates will have this schedule and instructions sent to them via email. We will not be able to hold any photos for those running late.
- Attendance will be called promptly at 3:00 pm and graduates will begin lining up promptly at 3:30 pm. Graduates will stay in their assigned classroom until the announcement is made to line up outside.
- Belongings such as your phone, purse or other personal items will be left in the classroom you are assigned to during the graduation ceremony.
- On stage, after you receive your diploma from Dr. Sato, you will pause for a photo on center stage with Dr. Lek. Then, you will pause stage left for a professional individual photograph (Circle Drive side).
- Following graduation, students will process to their assigned classrooms in Navarra Hall to retrieve their belongings.
PARKING AND TRANSPORTATION
The OLP Parking Structure off Copley Avenue will have limited ADA spots, with proof of a handicap placard.
As parking around campus in the neighborhood is limited, guests are urged to use off site parking or a transportation service such as Uber or Lyft. There will be shuttles transporting guests from our offsite parking at Westfield Mission Valley (1760 Camino Del Rio North, near Bank of America) from 2:30 - 7:30 pm. Look for the charter shuttles.
Parking is provided at Westfield Mission Valley near the Broken Yolk Restaurant. Please remember graduates must be present no later than 3:00 PM and should be fully dressed in their regalia.
Circle Drive Entry will open for guest check-in at 3:00 PM. Guests should have their wristband on when they enter the line. Wristbands are required for entry.
Students will receive guest tickets/wristbands at graduation rehearsal on Monday, May 20, 2024. Students who have not fulfilled their financial obligations through the Finance Office will need to have obligations cleared prior to receiving their tickets. All guest attendees will be entering through the Green Gates off Circle Drive (at the corner of Oregon and Copley Avenue). Wristbands must be worn for entry and will be checked by security. No replacement wristbands will be available.
ADDITIONAL EVENT DETAILS
Attendees will be asked not to stand during the ceremony, but remain in their chosen seats. Out of respect for our graduates, please avoid bringing any artificial noise makers, large signs, or balloons as these items will be confiscated at the entrance and held in a safe place for you to pick up as you exit.
Class of 2024 Baccalaureate Mass & Graduation
Baccalaureate Mass will take place on Thursday, May 23, 2024 starting at 4:00 pm with Graduation immediately following mass. The entire ceremony will take approximately 2 hours.
There are no in and out privileges for guests.
Each graduate will be given a total of 6 tickets. All guests must have a ticket to enter (not including graduates). In order for students to receive their tickets on Monday, May 20, 2024 at graduation practice, students must have all financial obligations met.
For questions on Baccalaureate Mass, Graduation or Senior activities, please reach out to Mrs. Flannery at [email protected].