|Semester 1||June 12 – June 30, 2023|
|Semester 2||July 3 – July 21, 2023|
|Year-Long Courses||June 12 – July 21, 2023|
|No School Holidays||Monday, June 19, 2023|
Tuesday, July 4, 2023
- Enrollment: OLP Summer School is available for currently enrolled, and accepted incoming ninth grade OLP students. Those young women currently not attending OLP who are interested in taking a summer school course in order to meet a graduation requirement, and who also meet our OLP admissions criteria, may request special permission via the Assistant Head of School. This will only be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Registration: The registration period for Summer School 2023 is February 6, 2023 – May 1, 2023. Class space is on a first-come, first-serve basis. Priority will be given to students who are taking a course for the first time, and a course that is part of a required sequential series of courses. Registration is not considered complete until class fees are paid in full.
- Fees: The tuition fee does not include the textbook cost. Tuition fees include other materials and laboratory expenses. A semester course is $500 (unless otherwise stated). A year-long course is $1,000.
- Cancellation Policy: By May 1, 2023 classes not reaching a minimum enrollment will be canceled. Students in those classes will receive a full refund including the registration fee.
- Withdrawal or Dismissal: Students who disenroll by May 1, 2023 will be charged a $75 withdrawal fee PER SEMESTER and refunded the remaining balance for each class. Disenrolling after May 1st will result in the forfeiture of all tuition refunds. Notification of disenrollment or changes must be made in writing to the Assistant Principal, Mrs. Flannery at [email protected], by the student’s parent/guardian. Students who do not follow the summer school policies or who are absent more than one day in either semester during summer school will be dismissed. Dismissals will result in the forfeiture of all tuition refunds.
- Important Note: All summer school courses require in-person attendance unless it is designated as an online course. While Summer School online courses are asynchronous, there will be a mandatory weekly synchronous sessions arranged by the instructor of the course. Please check the course descriptions on this form for more information. Information regarding course instructors, texts, etc. will be released two weeks prior to the start date of the course.
- Attendance: Any student who misses more than one day of class during each summer session (semester) of Summer School will be dropped from the course. No credit will be given for any work done during the course once a student is dropped. A refund will not be issued.
The following courses will be offered only during Semester 1.
- Speech & Debate (Monday – Friday, 8 am – 12 pm)
- US Government (ONLINE)
Classes meet 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM Monday – Friday unless otherwise noted or designated as “Online.”
The following Semester courses will only be offered during the 2nd Semester:
- Health (ONLINE)
- Economics (ONLINE)
- Economics Honors* (ONLINE)
- FROSH English Review (Monday – Friday, 12:30 pm – 3:00 pm)
Those students needing to make-up just one semester of a year-long course, after registering, will need to indicate if you are taking the 1st or 2nd semester. Please note the dates for the separate terms. Semester 1: June 12 – June 30; Semester 2: July 3 – July 21
|YEAR-LONG COURSES||Remediation Courses|
Monday – Friday 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Monday – Friday 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM
*(must meet pre-requisites for entry)
If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to Assistant Principal, Jamie Flannery at [email protected]. We look forward to a wonderful summer session beginning June 12!
OLP will be offering Summer Camps for students in 2nd Grade - 8th Grade. Check back for more updates!