The Guidance & Counseling Department serves OLP students by providing college, academic and personal support on an individual and group basis. All five counselors are available throughout the school day, offering assistance to students, their families and their teachers. It is our mission to serve each one of our student’s academic, personal, and college needs.
|Schedule an Appt||Schedule an Appt||Schedule an Appt||Schedule an Appt|
Your daughter will participate in a variety of grade appropriate workshops during her four years at OLP. These workshops are designed to prepare her for the college planning and application processes.
See our OLP College and Counseling Calendar for information on all Student Workshops, Coffee with Counselors sessions, Parent Information Nights, etc. The Calendar is updated weekly with great online resources like virtual college fairs and great college webinars an addition to OLP events.
- Coffee With Counselors September 6th 8:00AM: Focus on Freshman, Your Pilot's Flightpath, and How to Have a Successful Semester
- PSAT Testing October 11th
- Coffee with Counselors October 3rd 8:00AM: Navigating the College Application Process and Managing Stress in Your Senior Year
- Financial Aid Night November 15th 6:00pm: The New FAFSA Updates & Affording College
- Coffee with Counselors December 5th 8:00AM Junior Edition
- Jesuit Excellence Tour (On Site Jesuit College Mini-Fair)
- RACC Mini-Fair (from Regional Admission Counselors of California)
- Essay Workshops
- Letter of Recommendation Workshops
- UC / CSU Application Workshops
- Four-Year Plan - Every freshman meets with their counselor at the beginning of the year to develop a four-year academic plan.
- Study Skills Seminars - Freshmen participate in study skills seminars to learn effective techniques that will set them up for academic success.
- Tutoring - Tutoring services are available to students in a variety of options. Students can be tutored by teachers or outside professionals through Private/Online Tutoring services.
- Sisters & Scholars - Students with documented learning differences can apply for our Sisters & Scholars Program, which allows accommodations that are tailored to each student. For more information, contact counselor Arielle Lugn at [email protected].
|College Planning Workshops||Special Programs|
|College Application Preparation||Financial Aid|
- SAT Preparation (through the Princeton Review)
- Pre ACT Test (optional)
- Proctored Exams: PSAT, PLAN, AP
OLP leverages a robust student, parent and college network called SCOIR. Scoir connects all OLP students directly with the college application process, streamlining their access, improving student outcomes by connecting students, parents and colleges for an overall better admissions experience.
Current students and parents can access their SCOIR account through the SCOIR link below.
Emotional Support Resources for Children, Youth, and Parents
In partnership with Gov. Newsom, Parents Anonymous® Inc. recently launched the California Parent & Youth Helpline and Online Parents Anonymous® Support Groups in response to COVID-19 to provide free trauma-informed, evidenced-based emotional support to parents, children, and youth in any language via calls, text, live chat, and email. Parent support groups are held in English and Spanish.