Food service, in partnership with The French Gourmet (TFG) and Common Grounds, will be available on campus. Additional safety measures include; implementing an online pre-order system including but not limited to, hands free purchasing through MealTime. All TFG team members will wear protective face coverings and non-latex gloves at all times while performing job duties. Cashless payment options through the mealtime account will be accepted and encouraged. For non-prepaid orders a specific team member is dedicated to payment systems and handling cash as well as any other forms of payment and will not touch food products. There will be a specific team member dedicated to sanitizing all common surfaces before and after service times. Physical distancing practices will be implemented and appropriate sneeze-guards at food counters. Additional food dissemination locations will be set-up near Common Grounds. Per the updated schedule, only students staying on campus for G-Block, after school activities, or late pick-up should be staying on campus for lunch. As always, students will be able to bring their own lunch to school as well.
The French Gourmet provides two food options on OLP's campus:
- Common Grounds, located on Upper Plaza, will be open before school, during breaks and at lunch. On early dismissal days (which includes all Fridays), Common Grounds will be open until 1:30 pm. The menu includes breakfast rolls and pastries, fresh fruit, yogurt, baguette sandwiches, snacks, freshly baked chocolate chip cookies and a full-service specialty coffee bar. Students may pay by cash, student accounts or credit/debit cards. Please note this is the only location on campus that accepts credit/debit card payments.
- The Pilot Café in St. Catherine’s will be open Monday through Thursday for lunch. The menu includes a fresh, self-serve salad bar featuring a wide variety of options to build your own salad. Daily items include a hot Plat du jour, a delicious homemade soup du jour, chicken pot pie made with our puff pastry, quiche and flatbread. Vegetarian options are available as well. The hot entrée menu will be posted weekly in the OLP Bulletin. Please note that only cash and student account payments are accepted at the Pilot Café.
Student Account Payment Information
OLP uses MealTime Online so you can make credit card deposits into your daughter's account. You can view your daughter's purchase history via the Internet. Your daughter can use her MealTime account at the Pilot Café and Common Grounds. Your daughter can also pay with cash at both locations, but only credit/debit card payments are accepted at Common Grounds.
To Use MealTime Online: Go directly to: www.mymealtime.com
- Create a MealTime Online profile. Click “Register Now for Your FREE Account” and fill out the required fields. The username and password must be at least 6 characters.
- Add your student. Login to your MealTime online account using the username and password that you created in Step 1. Click on “Schedule Deposits,” then click the “Add New Student” link and add your student by entering her first name only and her student ID number. When purchasing food items using the MealTime account, your daughter will enter her student ID number on the keypad to access the account. Please be advised that The French Gourmet is not responsible if your daughter shares her student ID/account information and it is used by another student/friend.
- Make a deposit. Click the “Make Deposit” link to make a deposit to your student’s account. There is a website transaction fee for making deposits that is charged by MealTime, NOT The French Gourmet. If you want to avoid this fee, your daughter can pay cash on a daily basis for items purchased at the three locations on campus. Use the “View Details” link next to your student’s name to view her account balance and purchase history.
*The French Gourmet is a full-service catering restaurant and bakery in San Diego. The French Gourmet has been providing food services for OLP since January 2016.