*Refer to the Frosh Welcome Booket in the sidebar for additional information about BYOD, Carpools, Class Placement, Summer School, Athletics, and Counseling.
- February 1 | Summer School Registration Opened: Online
- March 18 | Online Enrollment Deadline
- March 21 | 5:00-7:00 PM | Admission with Distinction Ceremony & Course Registration
- March 23 | 8:00 AM-12:00 PM | Class of 2023 Course Registration Day
- April 1 | Summer Sports Camp Registration Opens
- April 18-28 | OLP Easter Break
- April 29-30 | 4:00 PM | Dance Team Tryouts
- May 2-3 | 4:00 PM | Cheer Tryouts
- May 8 | 6:30 PM | Spring Welcome Night
- June 8 | 8:00 AM-12:00 PM | OLP Physician Physicals on Campus ($25 Fee)
- July 1 | Final Transcripts, Immunization Records and Physician Physicals Due
- August 1 | Volleyball Tryouts Begin
- August 5 | Cross Country, Golf, Tennis Tryouts Begin
- August 7 | 8:00 AM | Frosh Orientation Day (Required Attendance)
- August 8 | 7:30 AM | Class of 2023 Pictures & Meeting (Required Attendance)
- August 12 | 7:45 AM | First Day of School
- Dec. 17-19 | 8:00 AM-12:00 PM | Final Exams (Required Attendance)
Summer Reading Requirements
Warriors Don't Cry by Melba Patillo Beals
*Please be sure to purchase the regular biography version ISBN# 9780671866396. This is the unabridged version.
“Women of Heart” - Think about the following questions while you are reading:
- What does it mean to have heart?
- How does having a passion or belief in something shape who we are or who we become?
- What is the difference between passion and drive?
- What do you think people need to overcome hardships?
- In what ways is a Melba a woman of heart?
- Melba’s grandmother states that Melba is a “warrior on the battlefield for you Lord.”
- In what ways are Melba and the rest of the Little Rock Nine warriors? How are they women of heart?
- What qualities do you have in common with Melba?
OLP Physical Day is June 8, 2019
All physicals completed after June 1, 2019, are valid for the entire academic year. OLP recommends having an annual physical with your regular physician during the month of June. If this is not possible due to timing or insurance coverage, physician physicals will be available on the OLP Campus on Saturday, June 8, 2019, for a small fee to complete this requirement. All physicals must be completed and signed by a physician with an MD or DO credential.
Cost is $25 per student. Proceeds benefit the Athletic Department. Click here to sign up
Frosh Orientation: Link Crew
Wednesday, August 7, 2019 | 8:00 am - 2:15 pm | Holy Family Event Center
Students should dress comfortably (abiding by the Non-Uniform Dress policy) as the day is quite active. Additionally, they do not need to bring personal belongings with them. Lunch and snacks will be provided for both students and parents. The day will end at 2:15 pm after a walk through of classes, available to both students and parents.
Wednesday, August 7, 2019: 10:30 am - 2:15 pm
We are equally excited to welcome the Class of 2023 parents onto campus for Parent Orientation. The day will begin with our Notes of Love tradition. Our official Parent Orientation program will take place from 11:00 am - 12:15 pm and will be followed by a freshman blessing, family picnic and the opportunity to meet teachers during a class rehearsal walk through. Attendance at the Parent Orientation is not required, but at least one parent/guardian is encouraged to attend. Parking will be available in the parking structure and along surrounding streets.
Frosh Picture Day, Class Meeting & Tech Orientation
Thursday, August 8, 2019: 7:30 am - 2:15 pm | Upper Plaza
Students should come to school dressed in their OLP formal uniform. School pictures will take place prior to their class meeting and tech day. Please reference the list below to see when you should report to the Student Library for your school picture to be taken:
Students with last names that start with:
A-H: 7:30 am
I-Q: 7:55 am
R-Z: 8:15 am
Following pictures, the Class of 2023 will meet at 9:00 am to begin their Class Meeting and Tech Orientation. The frosh tech orientation will introduce students to the policies, procedures and learning expectations related to technology use at OLP. Lunch and snacks will be provided for students. Students are expected to bring their device (charged) on this day.
More information regarding textbooks coming soon!
Student’s California Immunization Record card (blue) is due July 1, 2019.
If your daughter attends one of the Catholic elementary schools in the diocese, they will send us her blue immunization card. There is no need for you to also send it.
Students Admitted at Ages 7-17 Years Need These Immunizations:
- Diphtheria,Tetanus, and Pertussis (DTaP, DTP, DT, Tdap, or Td)—4 doses
- (3 doses OK if last dose was given on or after 2nd birthday)
- Polio (OPV or IPV)—4 doses
- (3 doses OK if one was given on or after 2nd birthday)
- Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR)—1 dose
- (2 doses required at 7th grade)
- Varicella (chickenpox)
- (Admission at ages 7-12 years need 1 dose; ages 13-17 years need 2 doses)
- Tetanus, Diphtheria,and Pertussis (Tdap) —1 dose at 7th grade or out-of-state transfer admission at 8th–12th grades
- (1 dose on or after the 7th birthday)
Personal Beliefs Exemptions Ending
In the new law on immunization requirements, are religious beliefs distinguished from other personal beliefs?
No distinction is made between exemptions based on religious beliefs and other personal beliefs. Starting in 2016, exemptions for religious or other personal beliefs will no longer be an option for the vaccines that are currently required for entry into school or child care in California.
Will personal beliefs exemptions filed during or after 2016 be valid?
No. Starting in 2016, personal beliefs exemptions will no longer be an option for the vaccines that are currently required for entry into school or child care in California.