Why Choose a College Prep High School Like OLP?
- To be able to complete all the courses one needs to be eligible for college admissions nationwide
- To meet new people
- To know the support of others who share ones academic goals
- To experience the kinds of co-curricular activities that enhance college preparation
- To become a responsible adult
- To learn how to use a variety of technologies, and to be able to think both creatively and analytically
Why Choose a Catholic High School Like OLP?
- Religious education and opportunities for prayer are important parts of a well-rounded person’s education.
- When faith is part of one’s daily life, relationships with both God and others becomes more meaningful.
- One’s intelligence is seen as a gift from God that can be appreciated and developed.
- Retreats and Community Service programs are part of the co-curricular offerings in a Catholic school.
- A faith-oriented school acknowledges the world as global society whose people rely on the human sharing of time and talents.
- Effective communication and enthusiastic learning are signs of a person who is alive in spirit, mind and body.
Why Choose an All-girls High School Like OLP?
- In a single-gender environment, social pressures do not distract one from learning.
- Interdependence increases as women mature. Values of compassion, friendliness, and support are cultivated.
- Women are assuming more leadership roles in business, and rely on woman-to-woman networking to prepare for these positions.
- In an all-girls school, all the editors, presidents, chairpersons, captains, actors, speakers, musicians, writers, club members and athletes are young women.
- Responsible women educate themselves to the needs of society, and become people who make a difference in their families, civic communities, and world.
- Women’s schools focus on careers for women, stress management for women, and leadership skills for women
Why Choose OLP?
- OLP has been named a U.S. Department of Education Blue Ribbon School of excellence three times.
- OLP draws students from over 70 schools in both the U.S. and Baja California, in a nurturing and collaborative learning environment.
- OLP helps young women express their opinions fluently, and to appreciate differing points of view.
- OLP’s electives include Peer Counseling, CIF Athletics, Graphic Arts, Theater Production, a Literary Magazine, and a three-year Study Skills program.
The Academy of Our Lady of Peace admits students of any color, race, ethnic origin or faith to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. The school does not discriminate on the basis of color, race, ethnic origin or faith in the administration of its educational policies, scholarships, financial aid programs, athletic and other school administered programs.