Academy of Our Lady of Peace recognizes documented learning differences and provides each qualifying student the learning support specific to their need through our Sisters and Scholars Program.
Sisters and Scholars
Sisters and Scholars gives support and accommodations to girls with a variety of different Learning Disabilities including:
*including ADHD and medical problems as they impact learning
- Dyslexia (reading-based)
- Dyscalculia (math-based)
- Central Auditory Process Disorder
- Nonverbal Learning Disorders
- Visual Processing Disorder
- Other Health Impaired*
To qualify for Sisters and Scholars:
- Please provide documentation about the learning disability. You will need to provide the school with recent psycho-educational testing and/or an IEP/ISP that states the diagnosis and the recommended accommodations. The testing will be necessary for accommodations on the SAT, ACT, and AP exam as well as eventual accommodations at the college level. The College Board website lists tests that can be used to document a need for accommodations due to a learning disability.
- When a student has a documented Learning Disability, the Learning Coordinator at OLP will create a Learning Support Plan for the student that includes reasonable accommodations that we can provide at OLP. The student’s teachers, assistant principal, counselor, and parents will receive copies of the Academic Support Plan.