Education & Credentials:
- B.S. in General Biology with a Minor in History from the University of California San Diego
- California Teaching Credential: Biological Sciences
Mary has been teaching science and math in Catholic schools since 1997. She was honored to become part of OLP’s teaching community in 2005, as she has always been impressed with OLP’s Catholic education and single-sex environment that encourages young women to pursue their hopes and dreams. As a teacher, Mary is always striving to learn more while working towards creating an effective innovative instructional curriculum to share with her students. She believes that ongoing instruction, assessment and hands-on student inquiry through lab experiences results in higher-level thinking, synthesis, and learning.
Prior to her teaching career, Mary managed the Science Laboratory facilities at Southwestern College for 14 years. Outside of her professional career, Mary enjoys traveling, cooking and spending as much time with her family as possible.
- National Science Teachers Association
- Biocom Teacher Fellows
- San Diego Woman of Distinction
- College Prep
- Assistant Sophomore Class Moderator
- Women’s Health Initiative Club Co-Moderator