Academy of Our Lady of Peace Class of 2006
College Degrees & Credentials:
- BA in Journalism and Media Studies from San Diego State University
Ms. Pippin joined OLP in 2013. Emily supports OLP as a member of the Executive Leadership Team and the head of the Marketing and Communications Department. She has an extensive background in journalism and communications and she manages all internal and external communications, oversees projects from concept to completion and writes strategic marketing messaging and content to promote the Academy of Our Lady of Peace and support its mission.
Prior to OLP, Emily worked at the San Diego Business Journal as Digital Media Editor and Research Director. She was responsible for creating and overseeing the digital e-newsletter product, reaching more than 50,000 readers each day. She also executed all research efforts and wrote a Giving column covering the philanthropy community each week.
As an alumna of OLP, she is also familiar with the school’s mission, goals, campus and faculty.
- Member of San Diego Chamber of Commerce Young Leaders Group (SDYL)
- Member of Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) San Diego/Imperial Counties Chapter
- Member of Athena San Diego Signature Series Committee
- SD Metro Magazine Top 40 Under 40 Award Winner
- Top 25 in their 20s: Emerging Generation Awards Finalist