How You Can Help
If you are interested in supporting the OLP community during this time, there are areas in which you can help. Here are a few ways you can do that:
- Parents in Prayer: Join Parents in Prayer in their virtual meeting. All are welcome to join us in prayer on Tuesdays at 7:45 am by logging in to our Zoom Conference line here, with meeting ID: 143 973 554 - Contact Kirstin Kuhn with any questions [email protected]
- AmazonSmile: You can support OLP easily while shopping online. When you make OLP your designated charitable organization with AmazonSmile, the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price of eligible products to OLP. Visit https://smile.amazon.com/ to get started!
- Support Boundless: Grounded by our commitment to serve our students in an innovative learning environment, operations to support Boundless: The Campaign for OLP, will continue. To see the opportunities still available, please visit: https://www.aolp.org/namingopportunities/. Thank you to our many incredible donors who continue to support this important project.
- Support the Carondelet Annual Fund: Our Carondelet Annual Fund provides the flexibility to respond to new initiatives and meet emerging needs throughout the year, which is needed now more than ever.
- Submit Your Prayer Intentions: Every morning, all of our faculty, staff, and 750 students gather virtually for morning announcements and prayer. Please use this quick and anonymous form to share your intentions so we may pray alongside you: https://forms.gle/1z2vD1RoBHtXQ3FL6
- G Block Masses for March--Canceled
- OLP Women's Symposium, March 13--Postponed to Fall 2020
- Senior Sleepover, March 13--Canceled
- SAT Testing, March 14--Check your College Board Account
- Tijuana Service Immersion, March 14--Canceled
- CSJ Service Learning Trip in LA, March 18-20--Canceled
- Jewel Jubilee, March 19--Canceled
- Alumna of the Year Awards, March 19--Postponed to Fall 2020
- San Diego Regional Robotics Competition, March 11-14--Postponed to Fall 2020
- St. Joseph's Day Mass, March 19--Canceled
- Admissions with Distinction, March 19--Postponed
- Junior Boat Dance, March 20--Postponed
- Advisory with John Moffatt, March 20--Canceled
- Fair Trade Conference, March 20-22--Canceled
- Freshman Registration, March 21--Virtual
- Parent/Student Conferences, March 23-27--Virtual
- Genetics Honors Field Trip, March 25--Postponed
- NAEP Testing, March 25--Canceled (Updated 3/13/20)
- Multi-Season Sports Awards, March 26--Online Recognition
- Class Meetings, March 27--Virtual
- Senior Mass, March 27--Postponed
- Forum Music Festival, March 27-29--Canceled
- Pollyanna Conference, March 28--Canceled
- Model UN Rotary Conference @ USD, March 28--Canceled
- Spring Arts Festival, March 31--Canceled
- G Block Masses for April--Canceled
- Coffee With Counselors, April 1--Canceled
- Dance National Competitions, April 3--Canceled
- Dance Showcase, April 3--Postponed
- OLP/Saints Art Show, April 3--Canceled
- Tijuana Service Immersion, April 4--Canceled
- Clubs for a Cause, April 7--Canceled
- Stations of the Cross, April 8--Canceled
- Spring Theatrical Production (Annie), April 30-May 2--Postponed (Updated 3/13/20)
- All Parent Group Meetings (Parents in Prayer, Pilot Parents)--Virtual
- Spring Season Sports Regular Season--Active Pending CIF Directive
Our Executive Leadership Team is meeting frequently to stay informed and update our plans as needed.
At OLP, we prioritize the health and wellness of our community. We are working in partnership with the San Diego County Office of Education and local health officials to monitor the novel coronavirus, COVID-19. We will continue to provide updates as soon as they become available.
We have been assured by public health officials that closing our school is unwarranted at this time and could create unintended consequences that would hurt their efforts to protect our community. We will remain in close conversation with the Diocese of San Diego, the San Diego County Office of Education and the San Diego Unified School District along with public health officials throughout the duration of this threat and comply with all of their guidance. We will notify you immediately if this guidance changes.
The following are important reminders that we have implemented on our campus posted by the CDC and reinforced by the San Diego County Office of Education in their March 9, 2020 communication to all schools:
- Send students, teachers, and staff who present with fever and/or respiratory infection symptoms home immediately. Separate them from others until they go home. When feasible, identify a “sick room” through which others do not regularly pass.
- Be sure to get the flu vaccine if you haven't.
- Stay home if sick.
- Remain at home until fever has been gone for at least 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medicines; Seek immediate medical care if symptoms become more severe, e.g., high fever or difficulty breathing; Use “respiratory etiquette.”
- Cover cough with a tissue or sleeve. See CDC’s Cover Your Cough page for multilingual posters and flyers, posted at the bottom of the webpage.
- Wash hands frequently.
- Encourage hand washing by students and staff through education, scheduled time for handwashing, and the provision of adequate supplies.
- OLP is continuing to do all cleaning commensurate with procedures outlined by CDC guidance. We thank all faculty and staff for their support for frequent cleaning in classrooms and their work stations through the use of disinfectant wipes when a new person uses a desk or area.
For additional information on COVID-19, please visit the CDC’s dedicated website: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html.
Frequently Asked Questions
Important Links Regarding Coronavirus and the San Diego County Office of Education or Other Agencies
- San Diego County Office of Education - COVID-19 Resources
- San Diego County Office of Public Health and Coronavirus
- San Diego County Coronavirus Local Statistics, updated daily
- San Diego Unified School District - Coronavirus Information Page
- CDC Information for Schools on COVID-19
- CIF Coronavirus Advisory