*Refer to the Frosh Welcome Booket in the sidebar for additional information about BYOD, Carpools, Class Placement, Summer School, Athletics, and Counseling.
- May 6 | Spring Welcome Night
- July 15 | Final Transcripts, Immunization Records, and Physician Physicals Due
- August 3 | Volleyball Tryouts Begin
- August 10 | Cross Country, Golf, Tennis Tryouts Begin
- August 12 | 8:00 AM | Frosh Orientation Day (Required Attendance)
- August 13 | 8:00 AM | Class of 2024 Pictures & Meeting (Required Attendance)
- August 17 | 7:45 AM | First Day of School
- Dec. 16-18 | 8:00 AM-12:00 PM | Final Exams (Required Attendance)
Summer Reading Requirements
New Parent Coffee: Please Join Us!
We are so very excited to welcome you to the start of your daughter’s first year at the Academy of Our Lady of Peace. This four-year journey together as partners in the education of your daughter will fly by! As you begin, our goal is to help provide you with all of the information you will need to successfully navigate the high school experience.
We ask that all parents attend the morning coffee event! Please plan on attending the designated session, according to the first letter of your daughter’s last name. RSVP coming soon
- Date TBA: Transfer Students and Last Name starting with A-J
- Date TBA: Last Name starting with K-Y
*daughter last name
Frosh Orientation: Link Crew
Wednesday, August 12 | 8:00 am - 2:15 pm | Holy Family Event Center
Students should dress comfortably (abiding by the Non-Uniform Dress policy) as the day is quite active. Additionally, they do not need to bring personal belongings with them. Lunch and snacks will be provided for both students and parents. The day will end at 2:15 pm after a walk through of classes, available to both students and parents.
Wednesday, August 12 | 10:30 am - 2:15 pm
We are equally excited to welcome the Class of 2024 parents onto campus for Parent Orientation. The day will begin with our Notes of Love tradition. Our official Parent Orientation program will take place from 11:00 am - 12:15 pm and will be followed by a freshman blessing, family picnic and the opportunity to meet teachers during a class rehearsal walk through. Attendance at the Parent Orientation is not required, but at least one parent/guardian is encouraged to attend. Parking will be available in the parking structure and along surrounding streets.
Frosh Picture Day, Class Meeting & Tech Orientation
Thursday, August 13, 2020: 7:30 am - 2:15 pm | Upper Plaza
Students should come to school dressed in their OLP formal uniform. School pictures will take place prior to their class meeting and tech day. Please reference the list below to see when you should report to the Student Library for your school picture to be taken:
Students with last names that start with:
A-H: 7:30 am
I-Q: 7:55 am
R-Z: 8:15 am
Following pictures, the Class of 2024 will meet at 9:00 am to begin their Class Meeting and Tech Orientation. The frosh tech orientation will introduce students to the policies, procedures and learning expectations related to technology use at OLP. Lunch and snacks will be provided for students. Students are expected to bring their device (charged) on this day.
More information regarding textbooks coming soon!
Student’s California Immunization Record card (blue) is due July 15, 2020.
If your daughter attends one of the Catholic elementary schools in the diocese, they will send us her blue immunization card. There is no need for you to also send it.
Students Admitted at Ages 7-17 Years Need These Immunizations:
- Diphtheria,Tetanus, and Pertussis (DTaP, DTP, DT, Tdap, or Td)—4 doses
- (3 doses OK if last dose was given on or after 2nd birthday)
- Polio (OPV or IPV)—4 doses
- (3 doses OK if one was given on or after 2nd birthday)
- Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR)—1 dose
- (2 doses required at 7th grade)
- Varicella (chickenpox)
- (Admission at ages 7-12 years need 1 dose; ages 13-17 years need 2 doses)
- Tetanus, Diphtheria,and Pertussis (Tdap) —1 dose at 7th grade or out-of-state transfer admission at 8th–12th grades
- (1 dose on or after the 7th birthday)
Personal Beliefs Exemptions Ending
In the new law on immunization requirements, are religious beliefs distinguished from other personal beliefs?
No distinction is made between exemptions based on religious beliefs and other personal beliefs. Starting in 2016, exemptions for religious or other personal beliefs will no longer be an option for the vaccines that are currently required for entry into school or child care in California.
Will personal beliefs exemptions filed during or after 2016 be valid?
No. Starting in 2016, personal beliefs exemptions will no longer be an option for the vaccines that are currently required for entry into school or child care in California.
A physical is required of all new students for both Health and Fitness classes as well as athletics. This physical needs to be valid for the entire 2020-2021 school year so please do your best to schedule your daughter's physical after June 1. UPDATE: We have been directed by CIF that we will need to add information to the physical forms about COVID-19 with regards to information, risk, waiver of liability, etc. Therefore, the 2020-2021 physical form has been delayed. Thank you for your patience. We now recommend that you schedule your daughter's physical for as close to July 15 as you can.