*Refer to the Frosh Welcome Booket in the sidebar for additional information about BYOD, Carpools, Class Placement, Summer School, Athletics and Counseling.
- March 1 | Summer School Registration Opens: Online
- April 1| Summer Sports Camp Registration Opens
- April 24 | 6:30 PM | Spring Welcome Night | RSVP Here!
- April 30 | Summer School Registration Closes
- June 9 | 8:00 AM-12:00 PM | OLP Physician Physicals on Campus ($25 Fee)
- July 1 | Final Transcripts, Immunization Records and Physician Physicals Due
- August 1 | Volleyball Tryouts Begin
- August 6 | Cross Country, Golf, Tennis Tryouts Begin
- August 8 | 8:00 AM | Frosh Orientation Day (Required Attendance; More information below)
- August 9 | 7:30 AM | Frosh Study & Tech Boot Camp (Required Attendance)
- August 9 | 7:30 AM | Class of 2022 Pictures & Meeting (Required Attendance)
- August 13 | 7:45 AM | First Day of School
- August 15 | 2:45 PM | Competitive Cheer Tryouts Begin
- Dec. 17-20 | 8:00 AM-12:00 PM | Final Exams (Required Attendance)
Frosh Orientation: Link Crew
Wednesday, August 8, 2018 | 8:00 am - 2:15 pm | Holy Family Event Center
Students should dress comfortably (abiding by the Non-Uniform Dress policy) as the day is quite active. Additionally, they do not need to bring personal belongings with them. Lunch and snacks will be provided for both students and parents. The day will end at 2:15 pm after a walk through of classes, available to both students and parents.
Wednesday, August 8, 2018: 10:30 am - 2:15 pm
We are equally excited to welcome Class of 2021 parents onto campus for Parent Orientation. The day will begin with our Notes of Love tradition on Upper Plaza. Our official Parent Orientation program will take place from 11:00 am - 12:15 pm in the Theatre and will be followed by a freshman blessing, family picnic and the opportunity to meet teachers during a class rehearsal walk through. Attendance at the Parent Orientation is not required, but at least one parent/guardian is encouraged to attend. Parking will be available in the parking structure and along surrounding streets. RSVP Here
Frosh Picture Day, Class Meeting & Tech Orientation
Thursday, August 9, 2018: 7:30 am - 2:15 pm | Upper Plaza
Students should come to school dressed in their OLP formal uniform. School pictures will take place prior to their class meeting and tech day. Please reference the list below to see when you should report to the Student Library for your school picture to be taken:
Students with last names that start with:
A-H: 7:30 am
I-Q: 7:55 am
R-Z: 8:15 am
Following pictures, the Class of 2022 will meet in the Theatre at 9:00 am to begin their Class Meeting and Tech Orientation. The frosh tech orientation will introduce students to the policies, procedures and learning expectations related to technology use at OLP. Lunch and snacks will be provided for students. Students are expected to bring their device (charged) on this day.
Make sure to purchase your course textbooks prior to the first day of school. Reference the textbooks page should you have any questions regarding the book purchasing process. Also, remember that a current physician's physical is required for ALL freshmen students. Physicals that have taken place since June 1, 2018 are valid for the year. Students must have their OLP physical form submitted to OLP by the first day of school.
Student’s California Immunization Record card (blue) is due July 1, 2018.
Students Admitted at Ages 7-17 Years Need These Immunizations:
- Diphtheria,Tetanus, and Pertussis (DTaP, DTP, DT, Tdap, or Td)—4 doses
- (3 doses OK if last dose was given on or after 2nd birthday)
- Polio (OPV or IPV)—4 doses
- (3 doses OK if one was given on or after 2nd birthday)
- Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR)—1 dose
- (2 doses required at 7th grade)
- Varicella (chickenpox)
- (Admission at ages 7-12 years need 1 dose; ages 13-17 years need 2 doses)
- Tetanus, Diphtheria,and Pertussis (Tdap) —1 dose at 7th grade or out-of-state transfer admission at 8th–12th grades
- (1 dose on or after the 7th birthday)
Personal Beliefs Exemptions Ending
In the new law on immunization requirements, are religious beliefs distinguished from other personal beliefs?
No distinction is made between exemptions based on religious beliefs and other personal beliefs. Starting in 2016, exemptions for religious or other personal beliefs will no longer be an option for the vaccines that are currently required for entry into school or child care in California.
Will personal beliefs exemptions filed during or after 2016 be valid?
No. Starting in 2016, personal beliefs exemptions will no longer be an option for the vaccines that are currently required for entry into school or child care in California.