By Jeanette Handelsman ’64, Alumnae Relations Coordinator
In her role as the Marketing Manager for the San Diego Regional Economic Development Corporation (EDC), Bernadine’s campaign “Just Say No to Winter” was featured in the New York Times and Los Angeles Times, as well as on the local ABC (10 News) and the national news television program ,The List. This campaign is part of the EDC’s larger regional brand campaign, San Diego: Life.
Changing., which has also received the 2018 CALED Award of Excellence for Economic Development Promotion. The EDC is a privately-funded nonprofit that works to maximize San Diego’s economic growth and aims to raise San Diego’s profile as a means of attracting talent and investment to the region. Bernadine also serves as the communications lead for EDC’s Inclusive Growth Initiative, which provides the local business community with a platform to address San Diego’s growing economic disparities.
Bernadine attended the University of San Diego and graduated cum laude in 2011 with a Bachelor in Business Administration with a concentration in Marketing and a minor in Communication.
Bernadine stays in touch with her fellow 4 OLP “sisters”: Jackie Zebrowski ’07, Jazmine Oliveras ’07, Ari Cassani ’07, and Bri Robell ’08. She is grateful for her time at OLP where she found her voice. Bernadine shares: “My education there (OLP) empowered me to take risks, speak my mind and take ownership for the people and circumstances I choose to keep in my life. I know that I am where I am today – in my career, in my faith, and in my relationships – because of my OLP education.”
She is so excited – her younger sister Christina is graduating from 8th grade at Our Lady of Grace School and hopes to attend OLP in Fall, 2019.
And Bernadine is proud to say that she just sang the OLP Alma Mater and she still knows all the words by heart!.
- March 19, 2019: Jewel Jubilee (honoring the class of 1968 and earlier) For more information please see the OLP website (aolp.org) and to RSVP for this event please contact Jeanette Handelsman, Alumnae Engagement Coordinator ( [email protected] ) 619-725-9154.
- May 24, 2019: 50th Golden Reunion for the class of 1969 at OLP’s 2019 Graduation celebration. For general information event please contact Jeanette Handelsman, Alumnae Engagement Coordinator at [email protected] or 619-725-9154.
- May 25, 2019: Class or 1969 Special Event For information contact Mary Humphries Vitrano ([email protected]) or Janet Cooper ( [email protected] )
- June 22, 2019: Los Angeles Area Alumnae Reconnect at the Doheny Campus of Mount St. Mary’s University. More details to follow.
- August 8-10, 2019: Alumnae Reunion Weekend which will highlight milestone graduating classes ending in 4’s and 9’s, an Alumnae Mass and the Alumna of the Year Ceremony. More details to be announced.