Course Number: 406/407
Full Year; 10 Units
UC/CSU Approved: Laboratory Science area “D” requirement.
This is a second-level biology course that utilizes college text and selected labs specified by the AP program. The pace of the course is accelerated so that the student will complete all the necessary content to successfully take the AP test in May. The first semester of the course is a fast-paced review of the material already learned in Biology. Students interested in health, medicine, or a biological science degree in college are encouraged to take this course, if they qualify.
- Campbell Biology, AP Edition with Mastering Biology; 11th Edition, 2016
- ISBN: 9780134446424 E-text with Mastering Biology
- ISBN: 9780134454665 Hardcopy with E-text and Mastering Biology
Students are strongly encouraged to purchase the textbook directly from the Pearson Website. Please follow these instructions for purchasing:
- Go to www.pearsonprivateschools.com
- Enter the school zip code 92116
- Select Academy of Our Lady of Peace
- Use the drop-down menu to select your course
For each course, you will see two options listed. The more expensive option is for the print textbook + the e-textbook/digital courseware access. The less expensive option is for the e-textbook/digital courseware access only. Either option is fine and is up to the student’s preference.
Level of Difficulty:
Estimated Homework Per Class:
Completion of: Biology Honors with a “B” or better
OR Biology with an “A”
Chemistry Honors with a “B” or better
OR Chemistry with an “A”.