OLP is committed to offering tuition assistance to make attendance at OLP possible for students from all socioeconomic backgrounds. In an effort to promote access for students who will benefit from an outstanding Catholic, college-preparatory, all girls' education and whose contribution in and outside of the classroom will enrich the OLP community, OLP provides tuition assistance to qualified families.
Families are asked to complete the FAST (Financial Aid for School Tuition, powered by ISM) process by January 15, 2017 in order to qualify for financial aid. Families interested in applying for financial aid should note their intention on their OLP application. Applications for Tuition Assistance for the 2017-2018 school year will be available on December 1, 2016.
- All students currently enrolled or registered as an incoming freshmen student are eligible for tuition assistance. Students receiving tuition assistance are required to maintain a cumulative grade-point average of 2.0 or higher.
- Financial awards are determined by the relative financial need of each applicant, the size of the applicant pool and the amount of available funds.
- Families are required to re-apply annually for tuition assistance. In addition, families experiencing a sudden change of life circumstances which necessitate financial support, are encouraged to reach out to the Finance Office as soon as possible.
- Just Announced! OLP is dedicated to making this educational experience as accessible to as many students as possible. In an effort to support our Catholic school community, special consideration will be given to families who have one or both parents employed by a Catholic school within the boundaries of the Diocese of San Diego.
Process and Deadlines
- The deadline for applications and 2015 tax returns to be submitted is January 15, 2017.
- All complete applications submitted by January 15, 2017 will be given first priority for consideration for tuition assistance awards. If there are funds remaining, late and/or incomplete applications will be considered once all required documentation is received.
- Please note: Incomplete applications will be considered late even if they are submitted by the deadline.
- Academy of Our Lady of Peace school-specific application questions must be answered. If the questions are not answered, the application will be considered incomplete.
- Applications must be submitted with a complete 2015 tax package in order to be considered.
- A complete 2015 tax package includes: all W-2s and/or 1099s, K-1s if applicable, federal return, state return, and all schedules (i.e. Schedule A, B, C, D, etc).
- Taxes must be signed or documentation of e-file must be submitted with the taxes.
- OLP highly suggests scanning and uploading tax returns to FAST. Mailing your tax return to FAST will delay your application by 10-14 days while FAST reviews and uploads it to your application. This delay will hold up review of your application by the tuition assistance committee.